18 November 2011

All-Japan Hunting season 2011-2012

Hi everyone! Hunting season is upon us here in Japan! Our national season started on November 15th. I have yet to make it to the mountain so far but will be in the woods starting tomorrow morning-look out Mr. Boar!!!!
Our "yugai-kujo" or population/pest control season just ended a 10 days ago. We had permits to kill 300 deer (either sex) and 50 boar. With the help of one of my Marine buddies we put two very good sized bucks in the freezer.
Not sure how much time I can put to the blog this season but I hope to get back up to full speed in the next few weeks (no promises though).
As always, if you are interested in hunting in Japan, please drop me a line. If you would like to swap some venison or boar meat for an item you have harvested/caught/or a local delicacy, please drop me an email.

See you in the Yama!
SK-1 OUT!!!

5 comments:

LRR said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the season in Japan. My wife is from Hiroshima, and we travel to Japan often. She just got back from Japan, a solo trip while I was away at grouse camp. It's understood in our marriage; I don't travel during hunting season. A friend in Chiba got his first deer last week. I'm waiting for all the info, and will post it on my blog when I get it. I'll let you know.

Mike Naye said...

I'm happy to have found your blog. My wife and I live in Kobe. I hunt regularly in the USA but haven't cracked the code on how to get licensed in Japan. We did go out with some Japanese acquaintances on a hunt in Hyogo pref. recently and our freezer is full of meat I bring from the US as well as gifts from our hunting friends here. I look forward to learning how you do what you do!

mikenaye@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey I just moved from Canada and I am seriously missing the hunting season. If your going out or at least I can get some game from you I would be stoked!

Mr.djm.jones@gmail.com

Thanks!
Dylan

Gwil W said...

I've heard that a Japanese wild boar with 33,000 bq/kg of cesium (a record for an animal) in its body has been found. Obviously these pigs eat fungi and roots etc., that is things growing in the earth where the radiation is hiding...so be careful out there.

Unknown said...

Hello I live in Nagano for 6 years now and I realy want to hunt Shika as I love the meat. I realy want to Bow hunt but from what I can gather it is not possable?
When you went for your hunting lisence could you take someone who could help you. I can speak Japanese but cant write to save my life and I can read a little. I would like to take my wife along to help. Any input would help!

Thanks
Vaughan